October 19, 2009

the results of my crafting session...

i had such fun crafting with katy on saturday...we really must do that more often
*are you listening, hon?* ;)
this is the piece i was working on...the first project for a class i'm taking over at MCC
its all about self portraits and this one was to be in 3-D its about an aspect of my personality or attitude, rather than the *whole me*...i thought that might be a bit much in 3-D!!! lol
its basically a small LO placed inside a shadow box which i've painted the box with crackle paints and metallic waxes...easy peasy!
this is the first time i've used a shadow box and i love how the rubons i put on the outside of the glass create ever changing reflections which fall onto the LO inside.
the journalling is the bit that is important to me...
*you can't keep me down*
oh no...
:)



7 comments:

Karen said...

o very grungy!! i do like this, but try as i might i cant do grungy :(

Its gorgeous

Kay said...

Very nice! I've never tried a shadow box but this has made me think I might like to

Claire said...

this is amazing really love it, love the journaling too.
x

Carmen said...

I've never tried a shadow box and come to think of it - think this may be the first I've seen. I do love what you did with it.

Rosie said...

And I thought you didn't DO altered art?? This is lovely and I love the idea of "note to self"!

Unknown said...

Like it ... a lot!

Unknown said...

A real fun project. Great work.