April 12, 2011

i promised you a face...

...and here it is...my first ever attempt at painting a face...and an angel at that!! obviously...i'm hoping practice will make perfect...so i'll be painting lots more faces in the near future to see if i can get them how i like them :) if anyone has any tips...especi ally on doing a nose head~on so to speak...please leave them for me in the comments to help me on my journey! thanks


so why did i attempt an angel...i mean...they are not exactly my normal style are they?...well the answer is...ROSIE!! she and her hubby...*my two favourite vicars*...have just moved house...and i thought it seemed appropriate to send them an angel to watch over them as they settle into thier new home and Church...hope she likes it!

8 comments:

Wendy said...

i think you've done really well with this, esp if you've never done faces before. I'd be pleased to receive it as a gift :) Noses are always hard, as really you don't want to draw any lines, just build up shade to form the shape. It's lovely!

Scrappy~Sarah said...

That is gorgeous. well done

Glen said...

Beautiful Alix and your angel has such a lovely face. *Ü* TFS. ~Glen~

Anonymous said...

In saw your post on ukscrappers :)
I don't actually do much painting myself - or at least, nothing very advanced - I'm probably at the same stage as you :P However, i just wanted to recommend the free art course which willowing ran (willowing.ning.com) called Heart for art. I wasn't able to do much of it as I was very busy but I plan to return to it when I have some more time in the summer holidays. From what i saw she did a bit on faces and they're in exactly this style. The link to its :
http://willowing.ning.com/group/theheartofart

Sue Jones said...

looks great to me too :)

Paula said...

Fabulous Alix, might have to commission an angel myself for my new craft room;)love and hugs xoxo

Luna Art said...

What a wonderful painting. Noses are hard to capture! I can also recomend art, heart and healing free course over at willowing x

Claire said...

That's fab Alix, love it
C
xx