February 19, 2011

caption competition! :)

a little bit of fun for the week ahead...and a fun prize too :)

firstly a LO...this week i've been trying to finally scrap the photos from my hen~do...my lovely sister took it upon herself to organize a fun hippy themed fancy dress party for me which was a hoot...although i think i might have been the most enthusiastic about the dressing up part!! lol



i've used a sketch for this photo of me {a rarity in that i actually like this photo of me} and its from the fabulous Pencillines sketch site...check it out here. The sketch is actually for their design team search...and i haven't applied...but i liked the sketch so i've used it anyway!



with the hippy theme, it was important to include a serious amount of flower power on the page...and i really like to mix and match styles so...i've included printed flowers with brads for middles...




i also created my own hippy daisies by die cutting some orange leather i had from a sofa swatch and filling the middles with enamel accents and micro beads...and drawing on some simple stems with a white pen...



and i finished my trio of different floral embellishments with a layered flower created from a felt shape overlayed with a fabric on and a cordroy brad...i love how all the flowers work together...and i hope you do too!
now...on to the fun caption competition...one of the reasons i've struggled so much to scrap this event is because everytime i get the photos out...i get the giggles and get lost in the memories of this fun evening...there are so many funny/silly/amusing photos but i've chosen this one for you all to write an amusing caption to:




please leave your caption and your details in the comments to this post...and next week i will pick a winner who will get a prize {related to what is actually happening in this photo!}
so...i leave you to ponder and amuse yourselves with thinking of a caption that sums up what might be happening here?? you don't have to get the answer right...i'll pick the one that makes me and his Nibs giggle the most!
enjoy...but keep it clean please!! ;)


12 comments:

Scrappy~Sarah said...

Great page. Caption 'Oooo What hidden jewels have you there??!'

Hazel said...

Ohh nice boobs!! They sure look real don't they??

misteejay said...

Great LO.

Had a good chuckle at the photo for the comp...will need to give that some thought LOL

Toni :o)

Net said...

Sandra looked surprised at the huge bogey Margaret had retrieved!

Sorry its rude!

Teresa aka Tess said...

"Oooh, You have two! Can I have one?" Sorry I went there but's that's all I kept thinking.

Traceyr said...

The leather flowers on the layout are great. Well done.

As to the caption ...... mmmmmmmm

"ooo glossy accents? no, they are all mine!"

Sarah Louise said...

Oh i am sorry Alix, i cant suggest a caption. I am too drawn to the boobs to come up with something printable, lol.

FAB lo as well.

Glen said...

Lovely layout Alix. As for the caption...
"Ohh..Prima?" "No! I made them myself!" *Ü* ~Glen~

Claire said...

All I can hear is Kenneth Williams saying "oooooh Matron" lol
C
xx

Julia Dunnit said...

" No really, I was saving it for later"...
Fab picture!

I love the Hippy Chick LO - the detail bits are lovely! You look like the cool Abba chick!

Jenny said...

Love the leather flowers they fit in well with the hippy theme. Caption..."Ooooo you don,t get many of those to the pound!"
It's not original I know but first thing I thought of :D

Katy said...

OMG Paula is going to KILL you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!